Benefits Of Invisalign
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible and allow you to acquire a beautiful smile without putting your life on hold or feeling the embarrassment or wearing metal braces.
- No Food Restrictions
- Eat whatever you want. All you have to do is remove the aligners before eating and then place them back in after your done eating.
- Easier To Clean vs. Traditional Braces
- Simply take out the Invisalign aligners, brush them down, brush your teeth, and then replace the aligners. When done properly, Invisalign is far less likely to cause cavities or damage the teeth in any other way.
- Painless Compared To Traditional Braces
- There is far less pain with Invisalign compared to metal braces because there is nothing that will pop free, cut or scrape on the gums or inside of the lips. Overall, Invisalign provides a less painful and risk-free experience.
- Freedom To Do What You Want
- With Invisalign, you can remove the aligners for either to play sports or play instruments.
- Improved Self Esteem During Treatment
- Many patients are embarrassed when they have traditional metal braces. Invisalign can help improve your self-confidence as your friends and family will most likely not even know that you are wearing Invisalign.
- Traditional braces can take up to 6 months depending on how severe the patient’s teeth are. Most patients who use Invisalign, are completed with their treatment within 12-15 months.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses advanced CAD/CAM technology to plan your tooth movement and create a series of aligners that are designed to gradually reposition your teeth using forces that impact the bone and soft tissue structures supporting the teeth. Changed every two weeks on average, the aligners can be as effective as traditional metal wires and brackets for mild to moderate orthodontic concerns and bite problems.
Once complete, we recommend the ongoing daily use of a custom-made retainer to avoid orthodontic relapse, keeping your new smile looking great for a lifetime.
Schedule An Appointment
If you have crooked teeth, an over or under bite, contact our Indianapolis dental office to schedule a visit with Dr. Carole or Dr. Robin Thoman. We accept new patients and provide complete dental care in one convenient location.