Dr. Carole Thoman and Dr. Robin Thoman provide dental care for children and teens in a family-friendly environment. Our patient-focused approach focuses on disease prevention to minimize the need for extensive dental care and to support a lasting, healthy smile. Our goal is to help patients of all ages better understand their own oral health and the impact it can have on their overall health and well-being. Our Indianapolis dental team understands the changing needs of a growing smile. We offer the range of family dental services necessary to maintain healthy smiles and address common dental concerns and emergencies when they arise. Our services include:
- Dental fillings: A cavity is something not to be ignored. Without treatment, it can grow and require a root canal, dental crown, or even extraction.
- Dental sealants: Seal out tooth decay with special resin that is applied to teeth to deter tooth decay from grabbing hold. Dental sealants can be used on children AND adults!
- Custom sports mouthguards: Protect your athlete’s teeth with the most comfortable, secure mouthguard available. One prepared by a dentist.
- Invisalign clear braces: If you are battling with mild to moderate crooked teeth, Invisalign may be the solution for you. Paradox Dental is a certified provider of Invisalign in Indianapolis.
- Tooth bonding: If you have a single gap between two teeth and don’t want to get braces or aligners, consider tooth bonding. We can cover up the gap with special material that can last a lifetime.
- Periodontal therapy: The symptoms of gum disease can be vastly reduced with periodontal treatments at Paradox Dental.
Family Dentistry in Indianapolis
Our dentists in Indianapolis IN recommend that children visit with us around their first birthday to begin to acclimate to the dentist office and experience an age-appropriate cleaning. We can provide tips for caring for your child’s developing teeth to prevent decay and help them feel comfortable with dental care at an early age.
A family dental office also provides the benefit of convenience for today’s busy families. All members of the family can be treated in one location and we can work with you to coordinate visits to minimize the impact of dental care on your schedule. The dental care and digital dental health history of you and your family are centralized and available as needed.
Family dentistry also offers parents and caregivers the opportunity to model healthy habits when visiting the dentist alongside their child. Visiting our office with a parent who is also coming in for dental care can help reduce their anxiety and lay the foundation for a lifetime of healthy oral hygiene habits.
The Importance of Primary Teeth
Your baby’s teeth, also known as the primary teeth, play several important roles in their overall development. The primary teeth enable a growing child to develop normal speech patterns, enjoy a healthy and varied diet and give them confidence in their appearance. They also serve as placeholders for the developing permanent teeth and support the structure of their growing jaw. If a primary tooth is damaged, infected or lost it is important to address the issue as soon as possible. Avoid impacting the natural development of the permanent teeth, speech and jaw structure with preventative dentistry in Indianapolis today.